<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United ready to move for Mexico winger Lozano

play
Why Ander Herrera left Manchester United for PSG (1:19)

Ander Herrera explains his move to PSG, despite his intention to stay at Manchester United. (1:19)

The winter transfer window is closed, but now it's time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.

TOP STORY: Man United ready to move for Mexico winger Lozano

Napoli's Hirving 'Chucky' Lozano was of interest to Manchester United last summer before he opted to move to Italy, but the Premier League club are set to come back in for him, says Corriere dello Sport.

Lozano, 24, has struggled for minutes in Serie A since his €42m move from PSV and now United are looking to take advantage by offering him a chance to head to England. The Mexico international would cost around the same fee and the report claims that United are keen to capitalise on the star's popularity in his homeland.

Former Pachuca president Jesus Martinez told ESPN Deportes last year: "What I can say and guarantee is that Hirving has had a Manchester United scout watching him since he was 16."

Everton have also been linked with Lozano, who scored three goals in 23 games for Napoli before the coronavirus pandemic halted the season.

- Stream new episodes of ESPN FC Monday-Friday on ESPN+
- Stream every episode of 30 for 30: Soccer Stories on ESPN+
- Where Europe's top leagues stand on finishing 2019-20 season

LIVE BLOG

22.30 BST: After a season receiving fewer minutes than expected, Valencia prodigy Kang-In Lee is considering his future at the club as Marseille and Nice keen to take the 19-year-old attacker on loan, Marca cites L'Equipe as reporting. The South Korea international has two years remaining on his contract at the Mestalla, meaning that after a season-long loan in 2020-21, Valencia would face the prospect of either signing him to a new contract upon his return, being forced into a sale or potentially losing him for nothing in 2022.

21.23 BST: Dries Mertens has yet to sign Napoli's two-year offer of €12m gross annually including bonuses, according to Corriere dello Sport, as he weighs up remaining at the San Paolo or moving on to Chelsea or Inter, the two clubs the 33-year-old forward is still considering after rejecting the overtures of Monaco and Newcastle.

20.16 BST: Gazzetta dello Sport writes that if RB Leipzig don't win the Bundesliga title this season, the buyout clause for Timo Werner drops from €60m to €50, and adds that despite Jurgen Klopp's desire to add the 24-year-old forward to his squad, Liverpool are cooling their interest in the Germany international.

19.09 BST: Barcelona are patiently waiting for Newcastle's sale to go through and Mauricio Pochettino to be appointed manager of the Magpies, according to Mundo Deportivo, because the Blaugrana will then have a buyer for Philippe Coutinho, who the Catalan club will expect to earn them €100m. Should it be Massimiliano Allegri who takes over, instead of Pochettino, there's still room for Barca to make some money, as the report states that Allegri would want to bring former charge Arturo Vidal with him to Tyneside.

18.02 BST: With Paris Saint-Germain poised to bring extend Thiago Silva's stay at the Parc des Princes for another year, Le10 Sport reports that Liverpool are now in pole position to sign 28-year-old Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly.

16.55 BST: Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic isn't thinking too much about leaving Camp Nou, despite his contract coming to an end in 2021.

Rakitic, 32, has been consistently linked with an exit as clubs like Inter Milan, Sevilla, PSG and Man United circle. However, the Croatian says he is focused on Barcelona.

"I've got used to it [the transfer speculation] a bit. I've been here six years now -- so I've had six years of this sort of thing," he told Sky Germany. "I have to try to understand it, to remember that football is not just a sport. There is a bit more to it. We know that, we have to try to understand it -- you have a laugh about it sometimes.

"The main thing is that I feel good and I am getting good feedback from the manager and the club. I've still got a contract, when I sign a contract I always intend to fulfil it, and if that cannot happen for any reason, then we'll sit down together and talk about it, but for the moment, I am very happy here and I am thinking about other stuff."

15.37 BST: Chelsea, Schalke and RB Leipzig are keen on Monaco left-back Fode Ballo-Toure, says Footmercato.

Ballo-Toure, 23, could replace Emerson Palmieri or Marcos Alonso if they leave Stamford Bridge this summer but face competition from the Bundesliga clubs.

The left-back signed from Lille for around €15m in January 2019 and is under contract until 2023.

14.59 BST: Manchester United will wait a year before looking at signing Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho, reports the Mirror.

Sancho, 20, is a key United transfer target but with a value of over €100m, the club can't pursue him during the coronavirus crisis.

As a result, it will be 2021 before they can strike a deal, by which time the England international's price will have dropped.

14.20 BST: Anybody have any clue why Zlatan Ibrahimovic is contradicting his own agent over another player here? No, us neither.

FWIW, Roma want Arsenal to pay a chunk of Henrikh Mkhitaryan's £180,000-a-week wage to complete a permanent move, sources have told ESPN.

The 31-year-old is surplus to requirements at Emirates Stadium and wants a switch to Italy, having joined the Serie A side on loan in September. The two clubs are yet to agree a fee with sources saying that the Gunners are holding out for around £10m.

14.05 BST: Miroslav Klose has been named Bayern Munich head coach Hansi Flick's new assistant from July 1, 2020.

Klose, 41, played for Bayern from 2007-11 and scored 53 goals in 149 games for the club. He is also the leading World Cup goalscorer of all time, and won the trophy with Germany in 2014.

He told the club website: "It feels very good, I'm very much looking forward to the task. Hansi Flick and I have known each other very well since our years together in the German national team. We trust each other, both professionally and personally. For me this is the next step in my career as a coach. I hope that I can use my experience to make an important contribution in helping FC Bayern achieve our sporting goals."

13.58 BST: Barcelona youngster Marc Jurado has turned down the chance to extend his contract with the club and will join Manchester United this summer, sources have told ESPN.

Jurado became eligible for a professional contract in April when he turned 16 but he has turned down Barca's offer. The Spanish champions proposed a three-year deal, worth €60,000 annually in the first year rising to €100,000 by the third year of the contract, in addition to a €200,000 bonus if he made his debut for the B team in that time.

However, Jurado, a right-back who spent this season with the club's U16 team, has instead accepted an offer to move to Premier League side United.

13.11 BST: Ander Herrera has spoken exclusively to ESPN to explain why he left Manchester United for PSG.

12.27 BST: Lazio sporting director Igli Tare has said that midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic can decide his future at the end of the season.

Milinkovic-Savic, 25, has been linked with Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham in the past, though Lazio have always stated they are not interested in selling the Serbia international. However, with a potential value of €100m, that could be able to change.

"The player's desire is crucial," Tare told Sky Sport Italia. "Generally speaking, if a player thinks that their time is up and wants to go somewhere else, it shouldn't be a problem. Eras come to an end. Just look what happened to Napoli this season. The fact he stayed in Rome for five years is because he has strong links with the city and club. When there was some temptation, a bit on our part, a bit on his, we never went all the way. However, things must be assessed at the end of the season."

11.32 BST: Liverpool and Manchester City are tracking another young Belgian star in KV Mechelen midfielder Aster Vranckx, says the Mirror.

Vranckx, 17, has made his breakthrough into the first-team this season and both Liverpool and City have scouted him on multiple occasions.

Bayern Munich and Feyenoord are also in the mix, with Mechelen reportedly keen to get at least €2m for him.

10.58 BST: Surely Manchester City's Leroy Sane will get his move to Bayern Munich soon?

10.00 BST: Mundo Deportivo says that Newcastle are ready to spend €80m on Barcelona star Philippe Coutinho if the club's Saudi Arabia takeover finally goes through.

Coutinho, 27, is on loan at Bayern Munich but the German club aren't willing to pay the €120m clause in his loan contract with them. Barca are looking to sell and Newcastle, who have also been tipped to appoint Mauricio Pochettino as boss under new management, are front of the queue.

Paperwork on the Newcastle deal is being finalised after an agreement was found last month between Mike Ashley and Saudi-backed consortium PCP Capital Partners. But it has come under scrutiny from many, including Amnesty International.

09.24 BST: Manchester City are known to want a new defender and have targeted Marseille's Boubacar Kamara, says Le10 Sport.

Kamara, 20, has impressed in Ligue 1 this season and the report suggests that City are ready to make a €32m offer for him.

08.35 BST: Le Parisien reports that full-back Thomas Meunier will not be a PSG player next season and will leave on a free transfer in the summer.

A host of clubs have been keen on the Belgium international, with sources telling ESPN that Dortmund have agreed a deal to sign him.

However, as has been reportedly, his replacement in Paris will not be Real Madrid's Achraf Hakimi. The Morocco international has been on loan at Dortmund for two years but will head back to Madrid once the season is over.

08.00 BST: David Alaba's contract negotiations with Bayern Munich are turning into a saga. Earlier this week, Bayern president Herbert Hainer said in kicker he was confident of signing the Austria star to a new deal, with his current one expiring in 2021.

According to Sport1, several European top clubs are interested -- among them Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea and Inter Milan, where coach Antonio Conte is said to be a great admirer of the left-back.

But while there is interest from everywhere, it has been reported that the Austrian is only using it to get a better contract at Bayern, with talks expected to continue once his agent Pini Zahavi can travel from his native Israel to Munich again.

PAPER TALK (by Nick Judd)

Juventus open talks with Jorginho

Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri is keen to hook up with midfielder Jorginho for a third time, with his Bianconeri employers ready to offer £35m for the Chelsea player.

Jorginho played under Sarri at Napoli and again at Stamford Bridge, and Sarri is obviously a big fan, for the National are reporting that Juventus have already held talks over personal terms with Jorginho's representatives.

The Italy international was signed by Sarri at Chelsea for £57m in the summer of 2018 and he has already revealed that he has considered leaving the club before. Jorginho struggled to adapt to the Premier League in his first season but he has become a major part of Frank Lampard's side in his second. However, he appears keen to hook up with his old manager for a third time.

Mbappe must wait for Real move

Zinedine Zidane is a big admirer of Paris Saint-Germain striker Kylian Mbappe and it looks as though Real Madrid have a very good chance of signing him, if he's prepared to wait.

Media outlets are in disagreement over how the move may happen. Some are suggesting that Madrid are preparing an offer for the French striker for the summer of 2021, at which point he'll only have one year left on his contract. However, AS believe that it could take longer, with Mbappe ready to sign a new contract at PSG on the condition that he has a clause that allows him to join Madrid.

PSG are holding talks with Mbappe and the rest of the squad about a potential pay cut and it's alleged that talks between the striker and the club are not going well.

PSG are said to be happy to accept the arrangement if it means keeping Mbappe in the medium term. However, the bad news for Madrid is that it's likely that the release clause will eclipse the €222m PSG paid Barcelona for Neymar.

Robben to return?

Arjen Robben is considering a U-turn following his decision to retire, due to Brazilian club Botafogo approaching him about a possible return, according to an interview with the club president in Globo Esporte.

Robben, 36, hung up his boots last summer after a glittering 19-year career, but club director Ricardo Rotenburg has admitted attempting to persuade the Dutchman to pull his boots back on.

Tap-ins

- David Beckham's Inter Miami are looking to sign James Rodriguez from Real Madrid, according to El Desmarque. The MLS side, who started training individually in accordance with coronavirus-related health protocols, are keen to add some stars to their roster, and Beckham is keen to offer the Colombian a route out of the Bernabeu, where he's not wanted.

- Marseille are considering a move for South Korean midfielder Lee Kang-In, according to L'Equipe. Marseille have qualified for the Champions League next season and are looking to strengthen their squad, despite not having a huge pot of money to play with. Lee has played 18 times for Valencia this season and he could cost around €15m. Nice are also said to be interested in the winger's services.

- AC Milan are plotting a way to tempt striker Luka Jovic to Italy from Real Madrid, reports Calciomercato. The Serbian striker has struggled in his first season in Madrid, but the Rossoneri believe he's the perfect fit for them in the short and long term. Jovic cost Real Madrid €60m last year but Milan believe they can sign him for €40m. Napoli and Newcastle are also said to want to lure Jovic away from the Bernabeu.