With just a month remaining before the opening of the January transfer window, there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: PSG work on Messi contract amid Miami interest
Paris Saint-Germain are working hard to reach an agreement over an extension with Lionel Messi, according to CBS.
PSG are looking to offer the Argentina international a new one-year contract that would include the option of a further year, according to the report, but after he reportedly held talks with Inter Miami, the MLS are said to be confident of signing him.
Messi is currently focused on the World Cup, where Argentina are set to face Netherlands in the quarterfinals on Friday, but in line with recent news reporting a large contract offer for free agent Cristiano Ronaldo from Al-Nassr, Saudi Arabian clubs are also making a play for Messi, who has been linked with Al-Hilal.
Messi was a legend at Barcelona, joining the club when he was 13 and going on to win 10 LaLiga trophies and four Champions League trophies with the club, but it is unlikely that he will return.
- World Cup 2022: News and features | Schedule
- Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
21.24 GMT: Juventus are considering a move for Real Valladolid right-back Ivan Fresneda, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The 18-year-old Spain youth international has been a revelation this season, attracting interested from AC Milan, Internazionale and Atletico Madrid in recent weeks, however Juve appear to be at the front of the queue.
The problem for the Bianconeri is, the more games he plays, the higher his buyout clause becomes. That figure stands at €30m at present, but will jump to €45m if he plays 22 games.
20.51 GMT: Aston Villa and West Ham United are keen to bring Switzerland star Djibril Sow to the Premier League in January, according to German outlet Sport1. Both clubs have been told they would need to offer a transfer fee of more than €30m to sign the 25-year-old midfielder away from Eintracht Frankfurt, although Sow has so far rejected any advances from the Bundesliga club to extend his stay.
20.18 GMT: Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Marco Verratti will sign a new contract with the French champions, according to Gianluca di Marzio. The 30-year-old Italy international whose contract expires in 18 months reportedly isn't considering a move elsewhere, and is solely remaining in Paris, and is now preparing to put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him at Parc des Princes until 2025-26.
19.45 GMT: Newcastle United have been inundated with loan offers for new signing Garang Kuol, according to the Telegraph, and that's before he's even arrived at St. James's Park. The 18-year-old striker has been hailed as a wunderkind as a result of his cameo performances for Australia at the World Cup.
Kuol moves to Tyneside in January from Australian club Central Coast Mariners, and Magpies chiefs believe they've signed a huge talent. They've received offers from around Europe and England to take the youngster on loan, and with boss Eddie Howe admitting the player is not part of their short-term plans, Newcastle must now plan the next steps in his career.
19.12 GMT: Paris Saint-Germain are interested in signing Borussia Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham, club president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has told Sky Sports. The 19-year-old England international has been one of the stars at the World Cup, with his reputation rising with every performance in Qatar, leaving the Bundesliga club preparing for Bellingham's departure next summer, with Liverpool reportedly favourites for his signature.
"Everybody wants him, I'm not going to hide it," Khelaifi said.
18.39 GMT: Tottenham Hotspur have emerged as favourites to land midfielder Franck Kessie from Barcelona, according to Sport. The Catalan publication reports that the 25-year-old's future will be resolved in December, with the player wanting more minutes and it being unlikely that happening at Camp Nou, although the Ivory Coast international could stay at the club at the end of the season. Spurs have been in direct contact with Barca, while Inter Milan and Napoli are also said to have made bids.
18.06 GMT: Atletico Madrid are contemplating taking offers for forward Joao Felix, according to a TVE interview with club CEO Miguel Angel Gil Marin earlier on Tuesday. The 23-year-old Portugal international is one of Europe's biggest stars, but he has been unable to get any sustained playing time this season under Atletico boss Diego Simeone.
"He's the biggest bet the club have taken," said Gil Marin. "I think he's world class, but with the relationship with [Simeone], the minutes played, his motivation ... It's reasonable to look at if an option to leave arrives. It's reasonable to think he'll leave, I'd love him to stay but that's not the player's idea."
17.33 GMT: Barcelona are tracking Arsenal and Brazil striker Gabriel Martinelli at the World Cup ahead of a potential move next summer, according to Sport. The 21-year-old enters the final year of his contract in June, and Barca feel there's a potential opportunity to bring the attacking player to Camp Nou.
17.00 GMT: England winger Bukayo Saka was compared to Kylian Mbappe in a news conference.
16.22 GMT: Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus is set to undergo knee surgery, says The Daily Telegraph.
Jesus, 25, suffered suspected medial ligament damage during Brazil's Group G defeat to Cameroon and could be out for months as a result.
Premier League leaders Arsenal have Eddie Nketiah but are short of other options to replace Jesus up front. The report claims: "His [Jesus'] injury could force Arsenal into the transfer market in January to reinforce Mikel Arteta's attack to keep pace with the title challengers."
15.45 GMT: Sporting CP full-back Pedro Porro is on the radar of Barcelona, Juventus, Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur, says Record.
Porro, 23, is expected to stay at Sporting until the end of the season but there are plenty of top clubs interested in signing the former Man City defender.
City stand to make 30% from whatever profit Sporting make from his exit, with the Portuguese club hoping to land his reported €45m release clause.
14.37 GMT: Barcelona are planning a move for Arsenal winger Gabriel Martinelli, according to Sport.
Martinelli, 21, has risen to prominence this season as the Gunners top the Premier League, with five goals and two assists from 14 league games.
Arsenal are keen to get the Brazil international, who is currently with his country at the World Cup, to sign a new deal. But with his terms expiring in 2024, Barca are hoping to make a move to land him first.
14.00 GMT: What do FC TV make of the Cristiano Ronaldo rumours?
Gab Marcotti details why he thinks a proposed move to Al Nassr for Cristiano Ronaldo is complete nonsense.
13.11 GMT: Real Madrid have reportedly agreed not to pursue the signing of Man City striker Erling Haaland so they can sign Endrick in 2024, says Marca.
Haaland, 21, moved to City this summer for €60m but is already being linked with a €180m move to the Bernabeu.
However, Real Madrid are also keen on 16-year-old Brazilian sensation Endrick, who plays for Palmeiras and can't leave his home country until he turns 18.
To get ahead of their rivals, LaLiga's champions have reportedly agreed not to make a move for Haaland as Endrick was concerned about his place in the side if he joins in 2024.
12.28 GMT: Barcelona are not considering letting Franck Kessie leave in January despite interest from England and Italy in the midfielder, according to Marca.
Kessie, 25, joined Barca from AC Milan on a free transfer last summer but has struggled for minutes at Camp Nou, with Sergio Busquets, Pedri, Frenkie de Jong and Gavi all preferred to the Ivory Coast international.
Kessie's agent, George Atangana, was pictured at Barca's training ground earlier this week, prompting speculation that his client could be on the move when the transfer window opens.
Inter Milan have been credited with an interest in signing him, while there is also said to be several Premier League sides monitoring the situation.
However, per Marca, Barca will not allow Kessie to leave next month. While he is far from first choice under Xavi Hernandez, his departure would leave them short in midfield should they suffer injuries or suspensions in the second half of the season.
Speaking last week, Atangana also said that Kessie would remain at Barca, although if his playing time does not increase, his future will once again be in the spotlight next summer.
11.34 GMT: RB Leipzig centre-back Josko Gvardiol has a host of clubs after his signature, according to Sky Germany's Florian Plettenburg.
Gvardiol, 20, has impressed for Croatia at the World Cup and now has Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona on his trail.
Leipzig signed him up to a new contract a few months ago, but some reports have claimed that it has a €50m release clause, though Plettenburg insists that is not true.
10.33 GMT: Jude Bellingham's outstanding World Cup performances for England have "broken" Real Madrid's plans to sign him, Marca reports, with the midfielder's skyrocketing transfer valuation meaning a move to the LaLiga giants has now "reached the threshold of impossible."
Bellingham, 19, starred in England's 3-0 round-of-16 win over Senegal on Sunday after impressing in the group stages, displays which the Spanish newspaper claims have seen his transfer value rise to €150m.
Madrid had been keen on the Borussia Dortmund teenager as they continue the process of renewing their midfield, with veterans Luka Modric and Toni Kroos both out of contract at the end of this season.
According to Marca though, the numbers now being talked about would risk Madrid's financial stability, and Liverpool lead the race to sign him.
09.57 GMT: Cristiano Ronaldo has not made a decision regarding the lucrative offer he has from Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr, sources have told ESPN.
The Portugal captain is a free agent after he mutually agreed to terminate his contract with Manchester United in November.
A report in Marca claimed on Monday that Ronaldo will play for Al-Nassr from Jan. 1, having agreed to a two-and-a-half-year contract with the Saudi outfit reportedly worth €200m per season. However, sources told ESPN that no deal has been reached.
While Al-Nassr is the best and only offer Ronaldo has on the table, he has not signed anything with any club. The former Real Madrid forward is fully focused on the World Cup in Qatar and will make a decision regarding his future after the tournament.
09.22 GMT: Atletico Madrid's Matheus Cunha and Felipe will both join Wolverhampton Wanderers in a double deal this week, Cadena Cope reports, as the LaLiga club look to balance the books after the financial hit of their exit from European competition.
Atletico finished bottom of their Champions League group last month to miss out on the knockout stages -- as well as the Europa League -- leaving the club needing to take some tough decisions to meet their planned budget for 2022-23.
According to COPE, forward Cunha, 23, and centre-back Felipe, 33 -- who share an agent -- have both been deemed available for transfer, with Wolves keen on the pair.
Cunha missed out on Brazil's World Cup squad after failing to score for Atletico this season, with competition in the club's frontline from Alvaro Morata, Antoine Griezmann and Joao Felix.
08.39 GMT: Roma are open to transferring Justin Kluivert to Valencia on a permanent deal for €10m, according to Sky Sports.
Kluivert has scored two goals and set up one more in 10 league games since joining Valencia in September on a season-long loan from Roma.
Valencia coach Gennaro Gattuso is happy with Kluivert's contribution and would like for the player to remain beyond next summer. Los Che are expected to make a €10m offer to sign Kluivert in the coming days.
Kluivert, 23, is under contract with Roma until June 2024. He has been unable to hold on to a regular spot in the Giallorossi's squad having been sent on loan at Leipzig and Nice before arriving to Valencia.
08.00 GMT: Portugal coach Fernando Santos says he has not spoken to Cristiano Ronaldo about his proposed move to Al-Nassr.
Sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson that Ronaldo is nearing an agreement with Saudi Arabian club side Al-Nassr after his departure from Manchester United.
There is growing confidence at Al-Nassr that a deal can be finalised after Portugal's World Cup campaign.
"I didn't speak to him about that," Santos said in his prematch new conference ahead of Tuesday's World Cup round-of-16 clash with Switzerland. "This morning I spoke to the players, but we didn't talk about this. I didn't know anything about this topic, to be fair. When I arrived here [at the news conference] someone told me about the news.
"But I don't know anything. It's his decision; it's his matter, not ours. Cristiano is 100% focused on the World Cup and on helping the team. That's his focus right now. About other situations, I don't know anything."
Ale Moreno reacts to Fernando Santos' comments about him being unhappy with Cristiano Ronaldo.
PAPER GOSSIP (Adam Brown)
- Olivier Giroud is set to be offered a new contract by AC Milan, reveals Fabrizio Romano. The 36-year-old France international forward is reported to be keen to continue his career at the San Siro, and the latest indicates that talks will progress after he returns from the World Cup. Giroud scored as Les Bleus beat Poland to reach the quarterfinals of the tournament on Sunday.
- Manchester United are out of the race to sign Jude Bellingham, writes Sky Sports Germany. Liverpool remain one of the Premier League clubs at the front of the queue to secure the 19-year-old England international midfielder's signature, and while Borussia Dortmund are willing to let him go, they are understood to be looking for a fee of up to €150m.
- Ousmane Dembele could be signed for a fee of €50m, understands Footmercato. He signed a new deal with Barcelona in the summer amid uncertainty over whether he would continue at the Camp Nou, and it looks as though his representatives have included a release clause in the deal where they would receive 50% if a club decides to activate it. It is reported that the Blaugrana are looking to offer the 25-year-old an extension on his current terms that expire in 2024, with hopes of removing the clause.
- Barcelona are interested in signing Mohammed Kudus, reports Sport. The 22-year-old versatile attacking midfielder has been in impressive form for Ajax this season, and his performances for Ghana at the FIFA World Cup have caught the attention of more clubs across Europe. It is understood that the Eredivisie side would be looking for a fee of €40million to part ways with him.
- West Ham have reached an agreement to sign Luizao, according to UOL. The 20-year-old Sao Paulo defender is set to sign a deal at the London Stadium until the summer of 2026, with an option included that would allow the Hammers to extend the contract by a further two years.