Real Madrid are willing to listen to offers starting at €80 million for Gareth Bale but have received no offers this summer, club sources have told ESPN FC, while the Wales international remains determined to stay.
Manager Zinedine Zidane froze Bale out of the first team picture towards the end of last season, but sources have told ESPN FC the four-time Champions League winner has no intention of leaving the Spanish capital, and feels he retains the support of club president Florentino Perez.
Meanwhile, the Bernabeu hierarchy know his high wages on a contract which still has three more years to run is a potential huge barrier to any potential suitors.
Marca's front cover on Tuesday suggested former club Tottenham were offering him "an exit" from the Bernabeu. The reported deal would see Madrid receiving a €50-60m transfer fee with Spurs paying around half of his €17m-a-year salary, and Madrid handing the winger €25m up front to cover the remaining three years of his contract.
Contacted about the story, Bale's representative Jonathan Barnett said it had been "made up" by the Spanish publication, and maintained that his client's relationship with Perez was "great as always." However, the agent declined to comment on Bale's relationship with Zidane.
Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua have reportedly shown an interest in matching Bale's wages, however neither the player nor his camp are considering a move to China.
Zidane returned to Madrid's preseason training base in Montreal on Monday, while Perez is also with the team as they prepare for an International Champions Cup schedule which starts on Saturday against Bayern Munich in Houston.
Madrid have spent over €300m this summer as they look to bounce back after a disappointing 2018-19 campaign, while raising around €100m by moving on various squad members.
The Bernabeu hierarchy are still hopeful of raising further funds to pursue Manchester United's Paul Pogba.