2018-19 English FA Cup, Final
  • David Silva (26')
  • Gabriel Jesus (38', 68')
  • Kevin De Bruyne (61')
  • Raheem Sterling (81', 87')

City thump Watford in FA Cup final, complete treble

Manchester City demolished Watford 6-0 at Wembley to win the FA Cup and complete an unprecedented domestic trophy treble.

The Premier League and Carabao Cup winners never looked back after David Silva opened the scoring, Raheem Sterling and Gabriel Jesus both striking twice and substitute Kevin De Bruyne also on target as Watford were swept aside.

The margin of victory equalled the all-time record for an FA Cup final win, set by Bury when they beat Derby County at Crystal Palace in 1903.

City's Aymeric Laporte came forward to fire the first shot in the opening moments, but his effort flew over.

Watford were not short of early attacking intent, Roberto Pereyra involved in good build-up play down the left before the cross was cleared.

City began to step up the pace, Watford keeper Heurelho Gomes making a good claim from a Riyad Mahrez cross and Bernardo Silva's pullback hammered away by Craig Cathcart.

But after 11 minutes, Watford should have taken the lead, with Gerard Deulofeu racing down the right as they broke and finding Pereyra, whose effort was superbly saved by Ederson.

Bernardo Silva tried his luck, the effort posing no problem for Gomes, and another Watford break ended in fruitless handball appeals when Abdoulaye Doucoure's shot hit Vincent Kompany.

But after 26 minutes, City were in front, with David Silva drilling in an angled finish after Sterling had headed the ball down to him inside the area.

Gomes came off his line to punch clear from a corner as City again stepped up the pressure, and Adrian Mariappa made a fine interception to cut out Ilkay Gundogan's pass toward Jesus.

After 38 minutes, City took a giant step toward the treble as they doubled their lead, with Bernardo Silva's chip into the area steered goalward by Jesus and appeared to be touched in by Sterling.

Although Sterling was initially credited with the goal, the FA later ruled that the ball was already over the line when he touched it and awarded the goal to Jesus.

Mahrez almost made it three when he skipped away from Holebas and thumped an angled shot, but Watford rallied and Kiko Femenia won a corner that sparked momentary chaos before City cleared.

Deeney and Pereyra linked inside the area in the early stages of the second half before a turn and run from Sterling set up Jesus, who was thwarted by Gomes.

Jesus then headed home Oleksandr Zinchenko's cross only to be foiled by an offside flag, and in an end-to-end spell, Pereyra's cross just eluded his waiting teammates.

Guardiola made a change with 55 minutes played, bringing on De Bruyne for Mahrez, and De Bruyne instantly put in a cross that was thumped away before Laporte headed wide from the resulting corner.

Deulofeu scuffed a first-time shot wide as Watford came forward again before David Silva was booked for a foul on Will Hughes, with City clearing the free kick.

But seconds later, on 61 minutes, City wrapped up the game and the treble, De Bruyne put through by Jesus and skipping around Gomes to score.

Deulofeu made way for Andre Gray and Isaac Success replaced Pereyra as Watford made a double change, but it was 4-0 after 68 minutes as Jesus raced on to a De Bruyne pass.

De Bruyne shot over from inside the area before both sides made another switch, Gundogan off for Leroy Sane and Hughes making way for Tom Cleverley.

David Silva was then replaced by John Stones as the game entered its final 10 minutes, and City made it 5-0 when Sterling swept Bernardo Silva's shot high into the net.

They still weren't finished, and after Gomes had tipped Sterling's strike onto the post, the England international tapped in -- and even then only a good save from a Stones strike stopped them from setting a new FA Cup final record.