Brazil midfielder Fred thanked Manchester United teammate Nemanja Matic for welcoming to the club after the Selecao's 2-0 World Cup victory over Serbia on Wednesday and reckoned the towering midfielder will be a "great teammate" once the two join forces at Old Trafford next season.
Fred, 25, signed a five-year contract with the Premier League club after moving from Shakhtar Donetsk for a reported fee of €55 million last week.
The Brazil reserve has yet to feature at this summer's World Cup. However, he found time to exchange shirts and chat with the Serbia midfielder following Wednesday's match in Moscow.
World Cup 2018 must-reads
- Make your daily picks with ESPN FC Match Predictor 2018!
- Who is going through? Round of 16 permutations and scenarios
- World Cup Daily live: Follow all the action on and off the pitch today
- World Cup fixtures, results and coverage
- Germany join the list of World Cup holders to implode at the next tournament
- Postcards from Russia: Searching for Putin's hidden railway
- Mexico need to reboot quickly to overcome high-flying Brazil in the Round of 16'?
"It was a nice chat with him, he welcomed me for coming to the great club that is Manchester," Fred said. "We exchanged shirts, too, he will be a great teammate."
With Brazil on to the round-of-16 in Russia, Fred admitted he hasn't thought much about life at United just yet.
He said: "It's a big change, but I have not stopped yet ... It still hasn't set in, I'm very focused here on the World Cup.
"I do not think much about it, but it's a great club in Europe, it's one of the biggest, so I'm very happy for that."