The transfer market for the major European leagues is closed -- but it's never too early to look forward to January! Click here to view the final list of transfers and keep up to date with the latest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Man Utd, Inter enter Eriksen race
But the Serie A isn't the only club to throw their name into the ring as none other than Manchester United -- so says the Sun -- are also prepping a shock January move.
The 27-year-old has less than a year remaining on his contract in north London, and is reported to be keen on a move to La Liga, but the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid have so far resisted making any bids for the Denmark international.
With the transfer window now closed, Eriksen will be staying put at Spurs for a few months at least, but will be able to enter pre-contract talks with potential suitors at the turn of the year, ahead of a free transfer in the summer of 2020 -- a development that Madrid are believed to be waiting in the wings for.
But Antonio Conte's Inter and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's United are hoping they can steal a march on their European rivals by launching a loan move for the former Ajax man when the transfer window reopens.
22.59 BST: That's going to bring Wednesday's live edition of Transfer Talk to a close. Thanks very much for joining us, and check back soon when we return with the latest gossip from Thursday's back pages.
21.03 BST: No one maneuvers free transfers quite like Juventus, and the Mirror cites Gazzetta dello Sport as reporting that the Bianconeri have identified a trio of Manchester United players out of contract next summer to recruit to Turin: David De Gea, Eric Bailly and Nemanja Matic.
19.07 BST: With seven players out of contract after this season and another 13 free to leave in 2021, Newcastle have decisions to make on 20 players' futures at St James' Park, the Mirror reports.
17.11 BST: D.C. United have an agreement in principle with former attacker Yamil Asad to rejoin the MLS side for the 2020 season from Argentine side Velez Sarsfield, according to the Washington Post.
15.15 BST: Calling Agent Marco Reus. Come in, agent Reus.
Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz is only 20 but is already attracting the top clubs in Europe and Germany international Reus is keen to get him to sign for Dortmund. Good luck.
"I will try everything to guide him to Dortmund," Reus told Sport1. "I don't know how much further the transfer fees will increase and if they do it might be too much for Dortmund.
"But I will try my best just as I did it with Julian Brandt. And now with Julian, I have an ally who knows him very well. So let's see what happens."
14.25 BST: Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has been speaking about the club's pursuit of Neymar. Though we doubt PSG will be too happy to hear about it.
"Yes, we have a WhatsApp group that includes Lionel Messi and Neymar," he told Fox Sports in Argentina. "We are there from time to time, but there has not been much activity lately. He spoke recently as he is now calmer than he was. It was another difficult time as he was going through something complicated, so we gave him time and space.
"We spoke when Neymar wanted to leave. Everybody knew it. Along with Leo, we told him: 'as a player and as far as trophies go, there is nothing better than Barca.' But, hey, these are decisions. At that moment, he decided what was best for him. Now, he did everything he could to come back. It was difficult, but his relationship with us helped him a lot."
13.19 BST: Manchester City have been left with just two senior central defenders -- John Stones and Nicolas Otamendi -- after club sources told ESPN FC that Aymeric Laporte will be out until 2020 following knee surgery.
City refused to match Leicester's asking price for Harry Maguire, who eventually became the world's most expensive defender with an £80m move to Manchester United, and Pep Guardiola went into the campaign without recruiting a replacement for Vincent Kompany, who left for Anderlecht.
Tosin Adarabioyo, the highly rated 21-year-old, is on loan at Championship club Blackburn Rovers, with City not having the option cut short his move to Ewood Park.
13.02 BST: Former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger can't come back to management now, can he?
12.18 BST: Emre Can has said he is extremely shocked after Juventus did not include him in their Champions League squad and is planning showdown talks when he returns from international duty with Germany.
Can, who joined on a free transfer from Liverpool in the summer of 2018, said the Serie A champions lied to him when he was considering a transfer to Paris Saint-Germain during the summer. The 25-year-old midfielder will not feature for Juventus during the group stages of Champions League this season as he was not named in Maurizio Sarri's 22-man squad, and said he was only informed about the decision on Tuesday.
"It was extremely shocking for me," Can told reporters in Hamburg ahead of Germany's Euro 2020 qualifier against Netherlands. "Our conversation lasted less than a minute. I received no explanation. This makes me angry. I am annoyed. I will draw my conclusions and talk to the club once I get back from the national team."
11.42 BST: The latest teenage sensation to attract the interest of Liverpool and Chelsea is Wigan Athletic and England Under-18 striker Joe Gelhardt.
Goal says the 17-year-old has been scouted by both clubs, but Everton, Leicester and Wolves are also keen.
11.16 BST: Shinji Okazaki's spell with Spanish side Malaga has been cut short after less than four weeks.
The former Leicester City forward's contract was cancelled by mutual consent, with the club nor the player revealing the reason for parting ways.
10.54 BST: Barcelona were offered Tottenham winger Lucas Moura on deadline day, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Quite why A) they didn't sign him or B) why Spurs would let him go, is still up for debate.
10.09 BST: Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal says Keylor Navas has done the right thing by leaving the club to join Paris Saint-Germain.
The Costa Rica goalkeeper joined PSG after five seasons at Madrid in searching of first-team opportunities. Navas was told that he would not start this season at Madrid, with Thibaut Courtois selected as the team's number one choice.
"Keylor's locker was next to mine in the changing room and we would speak a lot," Carvajal told Cadena Cope radio. He wanted to play and in the end, that was the best option for him."
09.40 BST: Remember that Neymar bloke? Well he's still at PSG, rather than at Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus. Why is that?
09.01 BST: Inter Milan forward Alexis Sanchez has said he hopes to play in the United States once his time in Europe is over.
The Chile international left Manchester United to join the Nerazzurri on loan this summer after scoring just five goals in 45 appearances for the Old Trafford.
However, he said he still believes he has a lot to offer in Europe and would be keen to play in Major League Soccer at a later date.
"I always have offers," Sanchez replied during a news conference before Chile's clash with Argentina in Los Angeles when asked about a potential move to MLS.
"They had told me about Miami, but I have got six or five years left at a good level in Europe. Although one day I could play in the United States. I'd like it a lot to play in [MLS], it is a league that is growing and is very good."
08.24 BST: Vinicius Jr has pledged his long-term future to Real Madrid amid reported interest in the Brazilian forward from Paris Saint-Germain.
The 19-year-old had been identified as a makeweight in a potential deal that would have taken Neymar to the Bernabeu in the summer transfer window, but he did not want to move.
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane has shifted Vinicius to the right side of the attack, a position to which he is still adjusting.
"I want to play many years at Real Madrid," Vinicius told reporters while on international duty. "Zidane is always talking to me and telling me to be calm.
"Of course it's more difficult to play in the right flank but I try to improve every day. Left or right, having the chance to play on both wings helps me at Real Madrid and in the national team."
Vinicius is expected to make his senior Brazil debut in the upcoming friendly against Colombia.
08.00 BST: Liverpool are scouting £14m-rated Trabzonspor goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir as they look for a long-term back-up to Alisson. The Daily Mail reports Liverpool scouted the 23-year-old Turkey international at the weekend and were impressed with what they saw.
PAPER TALK (by James Capps)
Juve foiled in deadline-day Zinchenko move
The Ukrainian started 11 of his side's final 13 Premier League games last season to help Pep Guardiola's side to the title, and that form aroused the attention of Juve sporting director Fabio Paratici, who entered talks with City chiefs during the final embers of the European transfer window.
Spurs eye second Sessegnon swoop
The Sun claims Spurs are plotting a move for Fulham youngster Steven Sessegnon -- less than a month after Mauricio Pochettino's side completed a deal to sign his twin brother, Ryan.
Spurs have been in the market for Steven for some time, and made an initial bid of around £3 millon for the 19-year-old while in discussions over a deal to bring Ryan to north London -- with the left-back eventually making the move across the capital for around £25m.
The opening bid for Steven Sessegnon was soundly rejected by Scott Parker's side, but reports claim Spurs will be back with a second bid sooner rather than later.
Fulham remain in a strong negotiating position, however, after Steven signed a five-year contract at Craven Cottage in 2017, meaning it may take a bid similar to the one that landed his brother, to take him to Tottenham.
- Everton winger Yannick Bolasie rejected a lucrative offer to join Russian Premier League side CSKA Moscow amid fears that his family would be subjected to racist abuse in the country, according to the Daily Mail. The 30-year-old instead joined Sporting Lisbon on a season-long loan.
- Calciomercato claims Juventus forward Mario Mandzukic was offered to Qatari side Al-Duhail in a deadline-day exchange for former Bianconeri centre-back Medhi Benatia. The Moroccan only joined the Qatar Stars League runners-up in January, but Maurizio Sarri is reportedly keen to bring the 32-year-old back to Turin.
- AC Milan are planning talks with representatives of Rossoneri midfielder Giacomo Bonaventura over a new contract, according to reports at Calciomercato. The 30-year-old is free to talk to other clubs from January, but Milan boss Marco Giampaolo is hoping to keep the midfielder at the San Siro.